Parenting Weekend: Parenting in a Toxic Culture
Aspen Ridge Church DV8 Student Ministries
Marty Lake, Interim Director of Student Ministries
Aspen Ridge Church Children’s Ministry
Maryjean Fowler, Director of Children’s Ministry
Debbie Stewart, Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry
Reclaim Ministries (reclaimministries.org)
Todd Ickes, Founder and Director of Reclaim Ministries
- Read John 10:10. In what ways does this verse relate to your life? Is there any area of your life where you are currently experiencing or have experienced life, death, peace or darkness?
- How do you respond when life gets intense? What is your default mode?
- What’s keeping you from experiencing abundant life?
- Do you have a plan to overcome our toxic culture, your own default mode or a parenting challenge?
- Identify strategies that lead to an abundant life.
- Are there lies that you have believed and need to renounce about yourself, the “NEED” or about God?
If you are visiting, we want to extend a special welcome to you, and we invite you to an informal reception immediately following our worship service. On Saturday, our Parenting Weekend speakers will be available in the Celebration Center, and on Sunday, they will meet you at the Welcome Center.
This weekend, we are hosting a teaching emphasis entitled, “Parenting in a Toxic Culture.” You will hear from a number of ministry leaders (Marty Lake – students; Debbie Stewart and Maryjean Fowler – children; Todd Ickes – Reclaim Ministries) providing practical support in this needy area. Further, Aspen Ridge has a small group in support of parenting students. If you are interested, you may contact Jerry Nixon at email@example.com.
Q&A TIME BETWEEN SERVICES
Beginning this weekend, there will be a question and answer time from 10:20 – 10:35 AM, between Sunday services. In conjunction with Parenting Weekend, this first Q&A time will be hosted by our Student and Children’s Ministry leaders, alongside Todd Ickes of Reclaim
Ministries. Feel free to bring up any questions you may have, related to parenting issues.
WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS
During our “View from the Ridge” annual meeting, Aspen Ridge Church was pleased to welcome Dave and Shannon Benway (Alex, Georgia and Griffin) into church membership.
CHURCH PARKING LOT
Please note that our entire church parking lot will be closed to vehicle and foot traffic beginning early Monday morning until approximately 5:00 PM. The office will remain open. Thank you for your patience.
MAKE SOMEONE SMILE!
The Coffee Ministry Team is looking for some new members to help bring smiles to faces. There is minimal commitment and maximum return. Please contact Jean Kelly for more information at 303.506.4827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
STUDENT MINISTRY SEARCH TEAM
The search team has contracted Brian Aaby, of Youth Specialties, to assist with the search for our next Director of Student Ministries. Brian has gathered information about our church and is actively reviewing candidates. We appreciate your continued prayers in this important search. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Ron Kilgore at email@example.com.
LIVE IT OUT: OUTREACH PROJECT FUNDING
It was announced at View from the Ridge this past weekend that almost $10,000 of our Live It Out gift intentions will be available for community outreach projects, in support of our vision. We are inviting all of our adult small groups to dream and pray about potential outreach projects and to submit support requests to Eric Krajewski at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to see how God leads in reaching out to our neighbors!
WEDNESDAY NIGHT DINNER
Your week is busy. We get it. Why not let us cook for your family on Wednesday night? Our menu this week includes chili, cornbread, salad and dessert for $2.50 per person or $10 per family. There is also a need for volunteers to continue to keep this ministry running - contact Maria Stimens at 303.993.9358 if you’re interested being part of a cook team.
NEW SMALL GROUP OPPORTUNITIES
Small groups are starting up, and we’ve added a couple of additional groups in the past two weeks.
- At 6:30 PM on Wednesdays, Pastor Jeff will lead (and Maria Stimens will host) a small group exploring life through the Alpha Course, an introduction to the basics of Christian faith. This group meets in the entryway, and all are welcome. If you’ve dropped your kids off at AWANA and are hanging out for the duration, feel free to drop-in to this group.
- Beginning October 2, at 9:00 AM on the first and third Sundays of the month, WISDoM (Women in Spiritually Diverse Marriages) will be co-led by Michele Force and Julie Daigneault in room 202 (prayer room). This is a scripture-based women's group that will discuss the everyday challenges within a spiritually-diverse marriage. Please contact these ladies at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.