Outreach Weekend – Sent
I. Three Lessons
1. _________________ John 3:17
2. _________________ John 4:34
3. _________________ John 12:49
II. One Big Truth (John 20:21)
“Just as the Father ______________________,
_____ ____ each of his followers __________.”
III. Three Meanings (John 17:18)
1. God wants me to be like a ____________ not a ___________.
2. God encourages me to ____ ___ _____ not ___ ________.
3. God desires me to _______ ___ ______ not ___ ________.
Next Steps for Growing
1. The ________ of the Resurrection
2. The ________ of the _____ ________
3. The _______ of _________
Quick Review: Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Name one thing you learned from the three lessons from the Gospel of John.
2. In your mind, where are some needy places where Christians should be sent today?
3. Of the three meanings of John 20:21, which might be the hardest for you to apply?
4. As you hear the words of Jesus “As the Father has sent me, so send I you” where (or with whom) do you believe he could be sending you?
5. Which of the three resources (power, presence, peace) do you need to believe more for this week?
Happy Father’s Day! We welcome our missionary partners in Japan, John and Elaine Mehn as our guests on this special Outreach Weekend. If you are visiting, we want to extend a special welcome to you, and we invite you to an informal reception immediately following our worship service. On Saturday, Pastor Jeff will be available in the Celebration Center, and on Sunday, he and his wife Mary, will meet you at the Welcome Center.
TOWN HALL EXCHANGE: PLEASE SHARE YOUR QUESTIONS
As we move forward with our vision to Live It Out, some in our congregation have asked for clarification of our specific objectives and financial planning. We will have three available Town Hall Exchanges to address your questions.
1. We are preparing answers: to the six submitted questions in this time leading up to our meetings.
2. Elder Response on June 25/26: After Saturday evening service (7:00 PM), between our two Sunday morning services (10:00 AM) and after the second Sunday morning service (11:45 AM), Elders will respond to questions received. Due to a limited time of 30 minutes for the meeting at 10:00 AM on Sunday, we may only be able to address questions submitted in advance. If you are not able to submit in advance, please plan to attend one of the other two meetings.
Much like our past Town Hall Meetings, the goal of this Town Hall Exchange is to provide a forum for communication. This approach allows us to host these meetings at a convenient time for many. Our vision and financial goals for Live It Out are available on our website and in booklets available at the Welcome Center.
STUDENT MINISTRY UPDATE
We are pleased to announce that Marty Lake has accepted an interim position in our Student Ministry. Marty will be working with our existing workers and small group leaders to forward this ministry. Our goal is to ensure continuity and excellence in this arena for students and families.
Our church leadership has also asked Ron Kilgore to lead a search team for a new leader of Student Ministry. Ron has accepted and will begin to assemble a team that will launch out in search of God’s provision. For more details on both of these important issues, please see Pastor Jeff’s Student Ministry blog on our website.
DV8 – WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Sponsor-a-student is in full swing! Please stop at our table in the entryway to pick up a packet to bless a student.
RETRO ROCK: VBS 2016
It is time for Vacation Bible School 2016! We’re taking it back to God’s Word with “Retro Rock,” featuring the music of Go Fish. It is not too late to sign up through our website. Please keep our kids, teachers and volunteers in your prayers this week for this impactful ministry.
CONVERGE 2016: REACH
Aspen Ridge Church would like to send some delegates to this year’s Converge 2016 conference with author and speaker, Francis Chan. Get a fresh take on evangelism and learn about new missions opportunities in your neighborhood and around the world. The conference will be held June 29 - July 1 at Mission Hills Church in Littleton. Please contact Barb Achenbach if you are interested.
BABY BOTTLES ARE DUE BACK TODAY!
Mountain Area Pregnancy Center will continue to collect baby bottles for a few weeks! Please return your filled bottles as soon as possible and thank you for making a difference for MAPC.
CONVERGE ROCKY MOUNTAIN – LEADERSHIP DEEP DIVE
“A Christian Response to Homosexuality,” will be held at Mountain View Bible Fellowship in Estes Park on June 24, 7:00 – 9:00 PM, and June 25, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Pre-register at email@example.com. There is no fee, but registration is needed for materials.
OUTREACH WEEKEND EMPHASIS
John Mehn and his wife Elaine, will be at our services this weekend. Please join us at a Missionary Meet & Greet Supper at 4:45 PM on Saturday, June 18, before the evening service. There will also be a Missionary Meet & Greet on Sunday, June 19, between the morning services. John serves with Converge in Japan and information on his ministry can be found at Gospelrest.com.
Also, Scott Millar, a Converge missionary starting a Hispanic church plant in Toronto, Canada, will be here on Thursday, June 23 at 6:30 PM, to talk to small groups and any others interested!