Where We Stand – The Last Things
Dr. Jeffrey Clark
The Big Idea: God’s future kingdom will be established at the second coming of Christ.
- A Visible Return in Power and Might, 19:11-21
- Leads to the Establishment of the Kingdom, 20:1-6
- Which Precedes the New Heavens and the New Earth, 21-2
Quick Review: Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
My Story: Most of us have faced eternity with the passing of a loved one. What do you think eternity will be like? What informs your picture of heaven?
- There is a way that the kingdom of God is present in the person of the Holy Spirit. However, the emphasis in the New Testament rests with a future appearing of the Kingdom of God (Revelation 20:4-6). What difference may the FUTURITY of God’s kingdom make in life?
- Jesus Christ will return with a triumphant and powerful Second Coming (Revelation 19:11-16). Describe this return (Mark 13:26; Matthew 24:30) and consider how ready you are for such a return.
- In this passage we have a description of judgment before a great white throne (Revelation 20:11). How will Christians be judged at the end of their life? What awaits those on the outside of the kingdom of God?
- Review Revelation 20:14-15. Why is it important not to dismiss the doctrine of hell?
Taking It Home: Identify a handful of people in your circle of relationships who may still be on the way toward the kingdom of God. Begin praying for them and for an opportunity to invite them to our Easter services (Saturday 6:00 PM; Sunday 9:00 & 10:30 AM).
If you are visiting, we want to extend a special welcome to you and invite you to an informal reception immediately following our worship service. On Saturday, Pastor Jeff will be available in the Celebration Center, and on Sunday, he and his wife, Mary will meet you at the Welcome Center in the entryway.
Elder nomination forms are available in the church office or from an Elder. Please prayerfully consider nominating qualified men to lead us in the coming years. The nomination period will close on April 12, 2015.
Are you new to Aspen Ridge Church? Do you have questions about ministries and where you may fit in? There’s a new session of The Bridge starting up in April. Cal and Parmelee Welsh will be hosting this small group, and they would love to see you there. The start date is April 12, at 9:00 AM.
For atheists and agnostics, questioners and quest-takers, skeptics and searchers: a discussion group where no Bible knowledge is required and no question is out of bounds…The Trailhead. If you may be a good fit for this group, please contact Kerry Cox at the email listed in the staff section. If there’s someone you know that may be interested, pass the information along!
Our celebration of communion for the month of April will be moved one week from our normal schedule. Due to Easter weekend, we will observe communion on April 11 and 12.
In March, at 9:00 AM in the Fellowship Hall, join Dave Mathewson to follow up on last year’s New Testament survey by hosting a survey of the Old Testament. See how the Old and New Testaments have been woven together to provide a thought provoking picture of our Lord.
SPRING BREAK SCHEDULE Our offices will remain open; however, this week's activities will be suspended to allow families to enjoy spring break together.
This Easter, let’s “Arise!” to see the goodness of God and the reason He allows suffering. Our schedule for the week is as follows:
- April 2 Easter Volunteer Gathering (6:30 PM)
- April 3 Good Friday Drop-In Prayer Time (5:00 – 8:00 PM)
- April 4 Free Dinner (5:00 PM) April 4 Saturday Service (6:00 PM)
- April 5 Free Breakfast (8:00 AM)
- April 5 Sunday services (9:00 & 10:30 AM)
- (Small groups may fold into 9:00 AM service.)
Easter is one of the most well-attended services of the year. We are expecting large numbers during the 10:30 AM service time on Sunday, so please consider attending one of our other Easter services to make room, if you are able. If you are interested in serving during the weekend, please contact the church office so we can find the best fit for you!
FIVE, FIVE, FIVE
In the 5 weeks leading up to Easter, we are being challenged to identify 5 people in our circle of influence who may still be on the way to Christian faith, and to pray for them 5 times a week. That ends up being 5, 5, 5... pray for 5 friends, 5 times a week, and for 5 weeks leading up to Easter. Let's see how God moves in the lives of our friends!
It is time for the annual MOPS Hop Easter Egg Hunt, for kids through age 10. Meet at Marshdale Park at 10:00 AM on Saturday, April 4 to kick off the fun. This event is open to the community, so consider inviting your neighbors. Bring a basket and join us…snow or shine!
Scott and Ruth Millar
Church Planting, Canada
- For the Life Church Brampton to be a blessing to the community when it begins services on March 28.
- For the opportunity the Millars have to lead and train church planters and leaders in Seminary courses.