Square One - The Garden of Eden
- The Garden shows that God wants to live with His people.
- The Garden shows that God wants the obedience of His people.
Quick Review: Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
- Why do you think the Tree of Life is placed in the center of the garden? What does this say about God’s intention for his people?
- Adam and Eve were placed in a perfect environment, yet they still sinned (Chap. 3). Often we are told today that we are not responsible for our acts – we are a product of our environment. To what extent does our environment influence who we are or the way we act? Who or what is responsible for sin and evil in our world?
- We saw that the Garden of Eden was meant to be a sanctuary, a temple where God lives with His people. In the New Testament Paul (and other New Testament writers) describes the church as a temple (1 Corinthians 3:16; Ephesians 2:21-22). What difference should this make in the way we live as a church, as God’s people?
Taking It Home: How will the two truths from Genesis 2:4-17 make a
difference in the way your life your life this week: God wants to live with
His people; God wants the obedience of His people?
If you are visiting today, we want to extend a special welcome to you and invite you to an informal reception immediately following our worship service. On Saturday, Dave is available in the Celebration Center, and on Sunday, Dave and his wife Joyce will meet you at the Welcome
Center in the entryway.
CALLING ON ANGELS
Pastor Jeff would like to invite any and all, and especially those who have a heart for intercession, to pray for our corporate worship services. You are welcome to join us in the Celebration Center 20 minutes before each service.
The Gathering is open to all, meeting in Room 104 during the 9:00 AM hour. Please join us as Norm Lewis takes a look at Covenants through February and first Sunday in March. God makes promises to those He claims as His own – but what does this really mean? What about when God gives us an unconditional promise?
Then in March, The Gathering will revisit The Truth Project. The Truth Project is a Focus on the Family 12 week series that looks at the Christian Worldview, and provides impetus to living a full, God honoring life. For more information on this fascinating series, please contact Andy
Betsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A NEW ATTITUDE IS COMING - SPRING SERIES
In the Apostle Paul’s Century-One letter to the church in Rome, he makes an appeal that concerns every believer’s attitude toward God and the way it works out in service. In light of God’s sovereign grace, and in light of His mercy in the Christian gospel, Paul says: “I appeal to you therefore, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice… which is your spiritual service of worship.” In the same way that Paul challenges Roman believers, so he challenges us to bring a new attitude to our service of worship.
TOWN HALL MEETING
Our next Town Hall Meeting will be held on April 6 at 9:00 AM. This meeting will bring a report from our Outreach Ministry Team and talk about our Spring series entitled “A New Attitude,” among other things.
Calling all students! On Mondays, please join us for The Italian Job. Hunter will be providing pizza and fun for anyone who wants to hang out after school.
Don’t miss our regularly scheduled meetings this week. They are DV8 Middle School on Wednesdays from 6:00 – 8:00 PM and DV8 High School on Thursdays from 6:00 – 8:30 PM.
EASTER WEEKEND SCHEDULE
As you are making your plans for the celebration of our risen Lord, please note that we will have a Good Friday service at 6:30 PM. Our Saturday evening service at 6:00 PM will be as regularly scheduled. We will be adding breakfast at 8:00 AM, as well as an extra service on
Easter Sunday morning beginning at 9:00 AM. We will suspend our regular small group meetings on that Sunday.
SPRING VOCAL ENSEMBLE HAS BEGUN
Join us in the chapel at 8:00 AM on Sundays (except March 9) as we prepare for our Good Friday and Easter performances. All high school age and older who want to sing are welcome!
Our Breakfasts will resume on March 8 at 8:00 AM on the church campus with a Man in the Mirror devotion. The discussion will be –“Becoming a Servant Leader.” The food, fellowship and study are great, please join us!