Jesus Christ – The Ultimate Divider, John 10:31-39
Jesus claimed to be God (v.33).
Jesus’ claim made people very angry and still does today (v.31).
The three witnesses
- Scripture (vv. 31-36)
- Miracles (vv. 37-38)
- The Flock (vv.27-28)
To any who are “spiritually burned,” dare to put your trust in Jesus, again (v.38).
- Why do you think Jesus was so polarizing? Is He still polarizing today? Why, or why not?
- How do we know Jesus is who He claimed to be?
- Why do you think the Jews were blind to God’s power as demonstrated in the miracles Jesus performed?
- How can people be healed from their spiritual burns?
If you are visiting today or if you are new to Aspen Ridge we invite you to an informal reception immediately following our worship service. Pastor Casey and his wife Valerie will welcome you in the library (room 207) with some delicious cookies. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and find out more about Aspen Ridge Church.
GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
Today we are celebrating our high school graduates. Find their names below and then find them in the building and congratulate them in person!
Kevin Atkinson – Conifer High School
Jonathan Blum – Homeschool
MacKenzie Bruce – Evergreen High School
Stephen Eddy – Conifer High School
Joshua Farr – Homeschool
Michael Fera – Conifer High School
Adrienne Jackson – Conifer High School
Rylie Kilgore – Conifer High School
Francisco Oliveras – Conifer High School
Marissa Talbott – Conifer High School
Keefer Whaley – Homeschool
There will be a high school graduation party/open house at “The Barn” this Friday evening May 24 from 5:00 to 9:00 PM. All are invited to come and celebrate our high school graduates and their accomplishments.
We would also like to congratulate our college graduates, Aaron Eddy (Colorado State University, B.A. Business Marketing) and Joshua Tadlock (Furman University, B S. Biology). Make sure to seek these guys out this summer and congratulate them.
FREEZER MEAL PREP IS BACK!
Do you ever stare into your pantry and wonder what in the world to fix for dinner? Come and prepare ready to cook meals that you store in your freezer. Some meals are also used to serve our church and our community. Michelle Schroeder will guide you through the preparation of “freezer meals” on Tuesday, May 21 in the upstairs kitchen from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Toddler and nursery care will be provided. Contact Michelle at email@example.com for more information.
THE GATHERING: MAY SERIES ON FINANCES
The Gathering is an interactive group that meets every Sunday at 9:00 AM in room 104. Guests and visitors always welcome. Each month a different topic is discussed. Finances will be the focus in May. Come learn how to apply God’s financial principles in ways that bring financial freedom. Several from Aspen Ridge will share their financial wisdom.
MAY MINISTRY HIGHLIGHT: BABY BOTTLES AND DIAPERS!
The Service Ministry Team at Aspen Ridge consists of individuals who have a passion for helping and serving others. We serve groups such as the Men’s M3 Teams, and the Samaritan’s Purse fire relief efforts last summer. This month we are filling empty baby bottles with spare change for the Mountain Area Pregnancy Center and we are collecting diapers for the Mountain Resource Center. In the lobby you will find empty baby bottles and bins to collect diapers. For more information contact Mike Kelly at 303.717.1669 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
STUDENT MINISTRIES THIS SUMMER
Our student ministries will continue throughout the summer.
- UPROAR for middle school students, Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:00 PM at the church. Shaving cream wars this Wednesday, May 22.
- BACK PORCH for high school students, Thursdays from 6:30 to 9:00 PM.
- DENVER MISSIONS TRIP for both middle school and high school students, July 29 to August 2. The team will share the love of Jesus with Denver’s less fortunate. See Pastor Casey or our website for more details.
- SPECIAL EVENTS will occur throughout the summer and will be posted to the website.
Mountain Area Pregnancy Center (www.mapc.us)
- God for their continual outreach in our community, offering free pregnancy testing and counseling, mentoring classes, community referrals, Mother's Closet (maternity and baby supplies), post-abortion counseling for men and women and a 24 hour hotline.
- Praise for the beautiful babies supported by MAPC.
- Please pray for needs to be filled.
- Pray for volunteers to help with childcare on Wednesday mornings during small group classes.
- Pray for volunteers to become Board members.