Unity in the Spirit
Dr. Ben Sawatsky
- I will recognize the call and gifts from God in all of my co-workers.
- I will exercise vigilance over our unity.
- I commit to speaking well of my coworker brothers and sisters and will publicly express appreciation for them.
- I will pray diligently and fervently for the blessing of God on my teammates.
- I will affirm the co-equal importance of planting, watering and supporting ministries.
- I will shoulder responsibility for the ministry assigned to me and at the same time exercise prayerful concern for the field’s ministry in its entirety.
- I understand that in the “heat of the battle” there will be misunderstandings, conflicts and offenses.
- I will deal with offenses promptly and appropriately.
- I will listen intently in order to understand the other person’s perspective.
- I will avoid judging the motives of a fellow worker, because I cannot see my brother or sister’s heart.
- I will forgive others on the team without hesitation or precondition, knowing that I, too, will need frequent forgiveness for my offenses.
- I will commit myself to becoming better acquainted with the members of my team.